a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Monday 23 July 2012

Not throwing this away!

I made this crochet top for my younger daughter a few years ago and she's now grown out of it. It was the first complete crocheted garment I'd made and took an absolute age to finish. 

There's no way I'm sending this to the charity shop!

What I intend to do is take it slightly apart - I've already taken the neckband off - and re-assemble as a waistcoat for myself. I'm going to need to make more medallions so I'm hoping there's enough left over yarn somewhere around or something that will match.

1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you, if there will be no one to wear it maybe you could cover a pillow with it or make a tote bag,, its beautiful

    ReplyDelete