a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Monday 30 July 2012

Step 1 - unpicking

Really this speaks for itself - the first step to re-making this crocheted top is to take it apart!
I've opened the side seams as currently the garment is FAR too small for me and opened the front as I intend to turn it into a waistcoat.
Next step will be to make the neck wider and remove most of the sleeve sections. Then comes the difficult part - finding more yarn for extra patches and working out where to add the new ones, particularly if they aren't the same colours.  
Watch this space for progress reports!!


Previous post on this project
Not Throwing This Away

1 comment:

  1. this will be just lovely when finished, I think wearing clothes we make our selves just feels so good, OUR OWN CREATIONS, I make all my skirts and slacks, I wear skirts mostly, my favorite skirt is made from a pair of baggy legged jeans, I wear it all the time.I like where you're going with this, can't wait to see it finished, I wish my sight would allow me to knit still, and crotchet, I miss that

    ReplyDelete