a busy domestic blog of knitting, sewing and all kinds of needlecrafts, cooking my garden produce and preserving it

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Finished!! Up-cycled Bag from old trousers.


  At last, after a lot of difficulty turning the strap, I've finished this upcycling project. 

It started life as a pair of outgrown and worn on the knees embroidered trousers which I didn't want to throw away. The lining is from an old skirt and the velvet trim removed from another garment.

All I needed to finish was sew the inner and outer 'bags' together and turn - and this turning went relatively easily.














The only little job left is to find a toggle to fasten through the velvet loop. I definitely have several with a natural wood finish but 'think' I have a bright pink one which would look better.


No comments:

Post a Comment